Been reading a tag on all blogs.. the one that asks people to list down six quirks of theirs. I made my list too and dumped it in the Drafts. Publishing it, before I lose interest or feel too stupid about it.
- I seriously don’t think it is a quirk but people who have seen me do it shake their head in disbelief. So, here. Well, if I walk on a tiled floor, I make sure my foot lands in one tile just once. Conversations are forgotten as I go about my business. With heels, I treat it as an added challenge. I think it goes back to school when one guy said something to the effect of short people taking short steps and not being able to play this game. Well, what does he know, I’m still playing it 😀
- I cannot see without my glasses. This is a quirk because I think I have led myself to believe so. Well, my vision is just a little bad and I have been wearing glasses since Class 8. When the glasses are off and I don’t realize it, I can go hours squinting a bit but not minding it. As soon as I realize my glasses are missing, the virtual headaches and blurring and reading problems become significantly higher. And oh, I cannot for the life of me, wear contact lenses. The idea of putting little glass (permeable, 80% water, etc. I don’t care) shells in my eyes creeps me out.
- I cannot talk on the phone in a crowded bus/train/any place. I just cannot. My phone’s perpetually in the silent mode and I call people back as soon as I get out of the place but I c.a.n.n.o.t. take a call in a crowded room.
- I’m a huge online stalker. Ok, I know people freak at this but I can easily figure out identities and names from who your friends are etc. I never use and never plan to use this information. It’s just a puzzle for me of the sort “So, X knows Y knows Z, and Z’s brother is S, and S knows Y so Y could be….” So, it’s not a surprise that if I have your identity figured, the puzzle’s solved and I soon forget it. Or maybe not. Muahahahaha!!
- I often had the same dream (not a nightmare really) for years – of going on running breathlessly. Through alleys that turned into narrower alleys endlessly. Of turning and looking back, like I was being chased, and then running faster. At times, I was half aware that it’s a dream and sometimes, I’d wonder who the girl is. Then realize it was me. Sometimes, I would fall and wake up with a jolt. Sometimes, I would get up in the morning feeling really tired 😀 Haven’t had this dream for a year or so now.
- When angry or frustrated, I prepare long animated speeches in my head that I never really use. I wish I could.