[This is a month-old post. New one coming up.]
Yes, after a series of two-word long drafts, I am back with this creatively titled post. But what the hell.. aren’t tags the tried and tested way to come back to life (so what if the tried and tested way is fast becoming the only one, in this blog). So, I came across this one at Broom’s and quickly decided on shamelessly copying. Here goes:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Graduated from B-school. Duh!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well I didn’t exactly keep ALL the resolutions for last year – which means some of them get carried forward to 2009. The new ones are to do with changing a lot about me – physically, mentally and spiritually. (Note the unmistakable vagueness used to hide the term ‘weightloss’ pliss)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. Favourite cousin and wife be parents to bonny boy.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. May 2009 let this stay.
5. What countries did you visit?
None at all.
[at this point, I can’t fathom one reason why anyone would want to read any further. i’m so boring!]
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Peace of mind. Love for work. Good health. Spare time. Frownless face. Determination. Life?
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March: For the promises it brought.
September: For the lovely birthday I had not had for a long time.
December: For the longest Mumbai trip this year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Quite a letdown I have been, no big achievements.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being uncertain and indecisive for the larger part of the year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Now you’re a-talking. The phone.. Nokia 6600 slide… I looooove it. Since there can be never be only one thing here, there’s also the perfect knee-length black winter coat I bought.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ma and A. The two people who have been the recipients of my frustrations, my worries and my crazy outbursts. The two people who love me despite it all.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The boss’. Yet to see another person so selfish and so ruthless.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Cabs. Don’t laugh.
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Weekends in Mumbai.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Time of Your Life
17. Compared to this time last year are you
Happier or sadder: Sadder. For sure. Thinking of last year makes me smile.
Thinner or Fatter: The same.
Richer or Poorer: Richer. Thank God for small mercies.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, Watching movies, Working out.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Introspecting, Worrying, Being difficult.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Err.. this question makes me realize that I’m writing this one at least a month late. But, I will be celebrating Christmas the same way each year.. it’s the anniversary.. YAY!!
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Stayed in love.
22. How many one-night stands?
[Is it me or is this questionnaire really hopeful of getting some scoop on people] None.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Re-runs of How I Met Your Mother
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes, someone I didn’t know last year.
25. What was the best book you read?
I think the recent one I read, The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar was a captivating read.
26. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and didn’t get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. I had the most fun in the longest time, with family.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Work I’d enjoyed. Being around friends.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Three quarter-sleeves, and the colour black.
33. What/ who kept you sane?
Only one person. A. I can’t thank him enough for it.
34. Which celebrity/ public figure did you fancy the most?
No one in particular. Ok. Ranbir Kapoor, maybe.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The indifference / insanity after the Mumbai attacks demonstrated by our politicians.
36. What did you miss?
I missed (and still miss) campus. I miss student life. I miss having options.
37. Who was the best person you met?
Someone old and wise.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Learn to roll with the punches, as soon as you can.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
So take the photographs and still frames in your mind
Hang them on a shelf
In good health and good times
Tattoos and memories and dead skin on trial
For what it’s worth, it was worth all the while